It was my mother's mother's sister's daughter's (in other words, my grandmother's niece, but I just felt like making it seem more distant, hehe) wedding yesterday. There was a tea ceremony in the morning - which I attended till lunch - and for those of you who attend chinese weddings often, you'd know what it's like - the entire family gathered at the bride's home to wait for the groom, then "test" his love for the bride by getting hong baos, singing love songs, proclaiming his love for her etc etc. It's a really fun time for the relatives. After that, we travelled to the groom's house where there was an entire roasted pig. Snout, tail and all! Ew. (Oh, by the way, some EXTREMELY embarrassing and humiliating thing happened to me. If you wanna know, ask me about it because it would be mortifying to post it here.)
So anyway, I left for my bass lesson at Suntec's School of Music Clef. I was unaware that any male species even distantly related to the species of gentlemen still existed i Singapore until some boardshorts-wearing, straight-nosed, spiky-haired - in other words CUTE - guy held the door open for me. (You know the one at the end of City Link right after you cross the overhead bridge from Suntec? Yea, that one.) I was so shocked! Not to mention he held it for more than 5 seconds.
Then I met up with my mom at her office and she brought my sis and I to get our hair done for the wedding bandquet. We got to the Reagent hotel JUST in time to see the bride walk in with her father. Talk about a close shave! Yea, so, blah blah blah, wedding vows, exchange of rings, 8-course meal, etc. FINALLY we were on our way home. I was falling asleep in the taxi because I only had 6 hours of sleep the night before, but the taxi driver was stepping on the accelerator and the brake so often I thought I was gonna hurl. It didn't help that the hair stylist practially sprayed a whole can of hairspray so that the french twist was so hard I couldn't even lean against the head rest. Ah... The tortures girls go through to make themselves look pretty.
1:08 PM